The Wi-Fi connection between the RICOH THETA and mobile devices is available within the RICOH360 Tours app.
Within the RICOH360 Tours app, you must first register your THETA camera. Once registered, you will connect to your mobile device from within the RICOH360 Tours app.
How to check and update the THETA firmware
It is recommended that you always use the latest version of the RICOH THETA firmware.
For instructions on how to check and update the firmware, please refer to the instruction manual at the link below.
*Make sure that RICOH THETA is fully charged.
Registering your RICOH THETA camera
Note: If a dialog box appears during the registration or shooting steps below asking for permission to connect to a photo, network, or location services, click OK. This is necessary for the RICOH360 Tours app to work properly.
- Log in to the RICOH360 Tours mobile app.
- Tap the Register THETA option found at the center of your screen
- Tap Register your THETA
- Enter the Serial No. on the bottom of the camera (Both letters and numbers), for example: YP12345678
- Tap NEXT
- Press the power button on the camera to turn it on
- Press the wireless button on the camera to turn on the wireless (the wireless lamp will blink)
*For RICOH THETA X, swipe the display panel from top to bottom, and tap the wireless icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap Register
- On the connection screen, tap Join
- When you get the dialog box with "Connection completed," Tap OK
Your THETA is now registered to this device.
Taking Photos once your camera is registered
Navigate back to your Tours screen and create or select your tour. If asked to access your device's location or photos, tap ALLOW. This is required for the app to work correctly.
- Tap New Tour and enter the tour name, etc., and then tap Done.
- Be sure your camera is powered on and the Wi-Fi symbol is displayed
- Tap RICOH THETA on the add photos screen
- If your are on an Android device, skip to step 5 below
- Tap the serial number under the Serial No. field for the THETA you would like to connect to
- Tap Connect
- Tap Join
- You should now see a preview of your location. Tap the shutter button to take your photo.
If the Wi-Fi connection does not succeed with the above procedure
Please refer to "When Making a Connection by Entering the SSID" in the following link (THETA User Manual) and perform the Wi-Fi connection operation.
Click the name of the model you are using.：X / Z1 / V / SC2 / SC / S